His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Insight

I have been praying about a problem that I have faced over the last week.  It actually didn't show up this past week, it just came to a head in my heart.  It has nothing to do with my children, or their trauma.  It has everything to do with the adoption community and hostilities that exist between those who judge others intentions, and even question the integrity and honesty of their blogging.

It had been on the back burner simmering for a long, long time. 
Last night, I took some advice from "The Connected Child" book regarding getting rid of our own baggage.
I decided to write a blog post about how I felt.... I worked on it for a few days and then I deleted it.
I gave it to the Lord, where it belonged in the first place!  He is my defender. He KNOWS.  And that is enough!  Wow was that ever freeing!

In my prayer, I realized I was letting people's opinions, whom I have never even met, have power in my life!  That is just wrong! What a strange world we live in, where we know people from all over the world! But do we really know them?  No! We don't.
My sin.  My wrong.

Realizing that there is still a bit of "fear" in my life was eye opening.  I need to rearrange some priorities.  My eyes were being distracted from my Lord, and paying attention to circumstances around me; circumstances that I cannot control. 

I want to be surrounded by those who really "get" the Christian walk.  They "get" the sacrifice that God wants from us; a life surrendered completely to His will.  This is my desire and it effects all areas of my life.  Christianity cannot and must not be "compartmentalized".    It can't be.  If Christ is in us, we are His! Our ways must be His.  And I am so thankful for those who are wonderful examples of walking with Christ in the midst of difficult circumstances. 
God does not take our trials away. He walks us through them! And the perspective on that trial changes greatly when we know the truth; that God is in control. Period.
  

Romans 12: 1-2
I appeal to you therefore, brothers,[a] by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.[b] Do not be conformed to this world,[c] but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.[d
His Perfect Will.... Oh how I love basking in Him, In his love. I thank him for pointing, ever so gently that I was needing to get my eyes on Him.  "Don't look to the left or the right. You follow Me!"

6 comments:

JJ said...

Depriving those who wanted to get at you from knowing what you wrote? I like it. :) Lol.

NoMatterWhatMom said...

Thank you for this.

TheCoffeys said...

I appreciate this post Christie. I think many of us can relate and sympathize with you on this:)

Aus said...

Great post Christie! There are a great many people who "define" themselves based on the opinions of others - and that's just wrong. It opens the way for self depreciation at the hands of those who have defied our Fathers invitation to life.

And there ain't nothin right about that!

hugs - aus and co.

Fatcat said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUM86eL6tVw

Have you heard this song?

Christie Minich said...

Fatcat,
I have now. :) Beautiful song.
Thank you for sharing it!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin