His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, April 6, 2013

SUFFERING

Tonight, we were studying in First Peter. 
"There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world."

I was thinking about Trials..... The New Testament speaks about trials all throughout  the various books.  James says
Dear brothers and sisters,[a] when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

It is a tricky subject talking about trials with our kids.  Many of them have been through some pretty Extreme trials! 
What do we DO with Arthrogryposis, feet being amputated, restrictive band syndrome, child abuse, abandonment, foster care, orphanages, dying rooms and Much More???

How do we reconcile  that we serve a Loving God, who Also Allows for such things?
We know God is capable of intervention, yet sometimes he allows trauma!

I don't want to write a "trite" answer to this. 

But what I Do know, is that the Lord is close to those who suffer.

I remember when Erika first began to speak English, she remembered a lot about the laying room she was in.  I wrote things down, because I knew she wouldn't always remember.
She told me that she was visited by the Lord.  He comforted her. I believe her account completely!

I don't pretend to understand suffering, though I have suffered in this life too.  I think most have.
But I do know that God has a purpose in suffering, and it is for our good.
That makes some mad, and makes them run from God.  But it should make us run to God.
In light of eternity... this life is a momentary, fleeting time.  It is but a "breath".
I wrote this post called "My Window" last year.<----linked


All I know is that there is great joy in serving Christ.  Life makes sense in Christ.  Trauma makes sense in Christ. Suffering makes sense in Christ, because knowing Christ has eternal benefit.

I think about Alex Krutov who suffered greatly in his early life; most of his life, as he is only 33. :)
He said, "My mother dumped me in a garbage can when I was two days old."  "I was rescued from that garbage can by somebody." 

I can ask God, "Why did you let me get dumped in that garbage can....OR I can thank Him for sending somebody to get me out of the garbage can."
He chose the latter.

I pray that we can see suffering in this life as a momentary affliction that brings about gold in our lives and causes us to run to Christ.... the author and finisher of our faith.

3 comments:

NoMatterWhatMom said...

Thank you for this today.

Aus said...

Morning Christie - yeah - we're in a "patch" like that right now - where the memories of the trials are still too fresh to let us see the flip side - or maybe the flip side hasn't happened yet - or whatever...there is no trite answer - but thanks for speaking the words to help lead there!

hugs - aus and co.

Tina Kacirek said...

Beautiful His wounds upon the Cross...and we share in His sufferings and join him in a risen life above trauma.... Loved your words...

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin