His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, April 1, 2013

HAPPY MONDAY! TIME FOR SOME SPRING CHANGES!

Besides teaching school and vacuuming my bedroom floor, I am going to try once again to tackle THIS SEWING MACHINE!

What is WRONG with me?  I have never mastered sewing, because of being  "Domestically Challenged!"  There is a  love hate relationship with my sewing machine and it was turned  over to the girls a couple of years ago, then Alli came  home and it needed to be put away for a while. 
We have now gotten it back out.  AND.... the fabric store was having a huge pattern sale.  We found patterns for a dollar!  GOOD ONES!

When we got home, Mike said, "Why don't you make your own patterns?"  He forgot.... I have not learned how.  BUT.... there is always YOU TUBE, and this very nice lady at the fabric store who knew that I obviously had NO CLUE what I was doing.   She gave me her phone number. LOL

We HAVE GOT TO DO SOMETHING regarding clothing for the girls.  I am frustrated with what is available in the stores, the expensive prices and then the "picky factor". 

Between all of us, I bet we can come up with a few cute outfits for summer.  Simple shorts and tops.  Of course I still remember the last one hour pattern I tried to sew took me FOUR hours and then I collapsed in a pile of (amusing to other's) tears.

So I'm ready to try again.  Between Erika and You tube.... I might learn a new trick. :)



5 comments:

Erin Kaine said...

Good luck. I like to sew, but usually do blankets and quilts. Let me know if I can help with your questions.

Designs by DD said...

Feel Free to email me or pop over to my "boring" blog at designsbydd.blogspot.com and leave me questions.

I am a seamstress, grew up with a professional seamstress, have done professional embroidery and dabble in pattern making/alterations.

DD

TheCoffeys said...

I too have a sewing machine that I don't know how to use! I bought it in hopes that ONE DAY I might have curtains. Alas, it means I have to learn how to sew them. I made one pillow because someone walked me threw step by step, other wise it would not have happened LOL! Good luck with your projects!

Chris said...

As long as the machine actually sews, you should be able to make stuff...but it's hard to find fabric that is like the store bought stuff...they might need to change their minds about the "right" outfits. To find good quality fabrics...scout the Goodwills for large outfits and use the fabric

Sergey and Tatyana said...

Good luck :) I am also trying to learn how to sew. My mom is professional, and now works for Nordstroms, and I barely know how to hold a needle :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin