His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, April 15, 2013

Tragic Day for The Boston Marathon

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/us/boston-marathon-explosions/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

What in the world?  The Boston Marathon has been ongoing since 1897.  Somebody decided to ruin it, to ruin it's innocence.
Another tragedy for America and for the world.  Many people from around the world run in this marathon.

Apparently the JFK Library was also bombed.

I don't even know what to think or feel.  I feel anger and I also feel sad that my children and grand children have to see such ridiculous, needless atrocity.

I don't know who did this. Of course my mind goes back to 9/11 and who was behind that.
But it is too soon to tell.
I pray that those responsible will be found.  I also pray they will hear the gospel.  The gospel is the answer to all of this. 

4 comments:

Christie Minich said...

I am comforted by all the good people who helped others today. There are wonderful people who love others.

Aus said...

Prayers for the men and women who were the first responders to the incident - they'll never be able to forget that day...

As for responsibility - I believe our Father has a special place in Hell for terrorists - likely right next to those that hurt children...

hugs - aus and co.

Christie Minich said...

Hi Christie,

I read your blog tonight and wanted to comment but couldn't because I don't blog, so I figured I'd email you.

Here is a HUGE positive story that happened before the horrific incidents of the rest of the day.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/sports/Wheelchair-racer-went-from-Russian-orphanage-to-Boston-Marathon-champion/-/9848968/19754528/-/uv9wt1z/-/index.html#.UWyGog0DeF0.facebook

The winner of the wheelchair race was in a Russian orphanage until she was adopted by a US woman at age 6. She had been paralized from the waist down since birth!

Maybe if it hadn't been for the bombings, THIS would have gotten some news coverage and it would have been a POSITIVE Russian adoption story!

(Debby_in_MA)

Claire said...

That's right, listen to Mr Rogers! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP-T31Dw0jw

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin