His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Randomness

Today has been a relaxing day in the Lord after such an emotionally exhausting week   in the United States, first with the Boston Bombing, then the lock down of Boston and police chases, and then with the huge explosion in West, Texas.  West is not very far from us.  Some of the people in our church felt that explosion.

At church, our dear elders spoke sweet words of comfort.  We were given a list of names of first responders who had died, and prayed for their families and we were encouraged to give from our hearts to help those in need.

Daddy and Alli are building a hamster cage for an upcoming Hamster.  He asked her to write a report on why a hamster would make a good pet, and include information about hamster care.  She fulfilled that, and so he is turning it into a good Alli-Daddy bonding time. :)

Sarah is getting ready to enter the Chess Tournament once again at the Home School Book fair in May, which means I get to play a lot of chess!  And then, we got in a couple of games of backgammon.  She is an amazing backgammon player. I wish they had backgammon tournaments at the book fair!


Bella our dog has learned to play ball by herself!  She cracks us up when we watch her pick up her ball, run across the yard, drop her ball off, run back, get a drink of water and then head for the ball again and repeat. LOL

The girls and I enjoyed singing hymns today while we were playing games and even came up with some harmonies that worked!

I caught Anna looking like such a pretty lady, sitting on the couch reading. :) 


Erika is making a notebook of all my recipes.  Most things I do not measure, but just put things together and they seem to work. 
 I made a Lemon Cake a few weeks ago that everybody loved, and yesterday, as I was making one for a pot luck,  she made me tell her exact ingredients.  Soooo the recipe is now written down!

I also made this cleaner. 
I am planning to try it tomorrow.  It has been in the jar 2 weeks.  Time to strain and use. :)
It is made of grapefruit peels and vinegar.


I think tonight, we're just going to hang out together! I could totally do the Swiss Family Robinson thing! :)
I'm looking forward to a peaceful week!

2 comments:

Aus said...

Hope you have the "peaceful" week that you wish for!! Great stuff in this one - love the family time!

hugs - aus and co.

Christie Minich said...

Aus, I almost didn't write that last statement but Erika said, "Keep it mom! They is nothing wrong with looking forward to peace! " LOL

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin