His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

We're A Bit Nutty Around Here!

I roasted these babies today! :)  Oh the aroma smells SO GOOD!

I started roasting my own nuts because I could guarantee no gluten.  But NOW I roast them because they are SO MUCH TASTIER than store bought roasted nuts.

It is REALLY easy too!
Spread raw nuts on jelly roll pan
Drizzle with olive oil
Sprinkle with sea salt

Put in oven at 300º  and stir every 5 minutes for 15-25 minutes depending upon how done you like your nuts.  I prefer the longer time because they just release such a nice aroma.

Ummm.  Somebody was feeling EXTRA NUTTY! LOL

6 comments:

MamaV said...

I always burn mine :-(
Maybe I'll try again.

mommajeane said...

I can smell all the way over here. Looks yummy.

Muddled Muse said...

That looks DELICIOUS. I can only imagine how good they smell!

Erin Kaine said...

I love roasted cashews and peanuts, but my favorite by far are fresh roasted pecans! I have not tried olive oil though. Thanks for the tip!

Chris said...

I will throw` mine in the microwave when I'm in a hurry. Once they are cool they are crispy

Aus said...

I'll have to try that as well - we have recieved a "gift" from our youngest's foster family - his all time favoriate snack - unroased peanuts!

hugs - aus and co.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin