His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happy Anniversary Sweet Alli! Part 2....


 I posted<<--- link   about Alli's anniversary earlier today before we went shopping.... I left several links to last years anniversary.

We have had a wonderful day.  I am amazed about HOW MUCH ALLI HAS GROWN, INSIDE and OUT!
She and Sarah have grown nearly 8 inches in the last 2 years.  Alli is tied for the tallest.  I was the tallest and youngest girl in my family too. :)

She has been wanting new boots as her old ones are too small. Guess who now wears the same sized shoes as Mama!  Yep...Miss Alli!  She decided to wear her new boots shopping. :)

ISarah found a pair of Converse 50% off!  So she was a happy girl too!

Anna, Sarah and I went shopping while Erika stayed home for some coveted blogging time. :)
We headed to World Market to get some spices and cooking supplies.  Alli asked to go to the Bible book store and I found an amazing bargain myself!  The ESV Study bible for 25 dollars! Wow!

After that, we headed home and took some pictures..... and tonight, we will be with dear friends and continue our celebration!

 Alli asked for a redo of this picture..... Daddy put her on his shoulders a long time ago.
She is much bigger now! :)
 My sweet baby girl.


All my sweet baby girls!

When we passed our one year anniversary, it was like a peace came over our sweet girl and she began to rest and not be so hypervigilant.    She has continued on a path to success with ups and downs, moving forward and backwards, but always on a path of moving forward!  I like the diagram of what success looks like....
I think this diagram is so accurate for all of us!
This child, has OVERCOME..... and she is not wasting any time in enjoying her life!
She LOVES being a kid, but has relaxed abit about growing up, because we have made it very clear that life doesn't end at 18. 
I cannot stress how important this is to our kids, whether they are BIO or Adopted.  They need to know we will be there for them AFTER 18....
Our girls know that their brothers are cared about and loved and they are all adults, and that has helped prove to them the truth..... "We LOVE YOU FOREVER!" PERIOD.

One of the delights of our lives has been bringing Miss Alli into our home and watching her transform. 
I am in AWE of what the Lord has done.



5 comments:

Brooke said...

Congratulations on two years!

Hevel Cohen said...

Congratulations to all of you! What a joy to have a family like yours!

Tracy said...

Congratulations Alli! I have really enjoyed watching you grow up and blossom over the last two years. Well done, I know your family are very proud of you. I wish you all the best for your future, may it be filled with lots of joy and happiness. You deserve it.

Aus said...

Happy anniversary Alli - wonderful stuff - and your post just made me laugh with the graphic on Success! ;)

hugs - aus and co.

Sergey and Tatyana said...

Happy Anniversary! Alli you have awesome mama and daddy!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin