His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Meeting Old Friends

Today, we went out to eat.  We met up with some old friends from years gone by and were able to catch up on life news.  I love these encounters.  :)
What was really funny was THEIR daughter said, before they came into the restaurant; "Wouldn't it be great to run into the Minichs?" :)  We thought it was great to run into them! :)

The last time we saw them was a few years ago, before Alli.  :)  So here we were with a new daughter and they had LOADS of questions. :)

They asked how long it took for her to settle in.  What kind of behaviors did she have?  And much, much more.  It was a joy to share our journey; but at the same time, it made me realize how different we are; how different our journey is.

And you know what?   I don't mind being different.  I love it that my girlies are a part of my life and that they are HEALING and they are BLOSSOMING....

As we were leaving the restaurant.... 6 girls walked out and our friend said, "WOW, what a bunch of beautiful young ladies". :) 
And he was right.... They are ALL beautiful, inside and out.

It was good meeting up with old friends. :)

1 comment:

JJ said...

Makes me think of a movie I watched as a teen. A medical intern took in a boy who lived with him mother in an institution, but he had to marry his girlfriend to be able to adopt him. From here, there, and yonder, more boys came into their lives...and then.... Christmas morning a child shows up in boys clothing asking if this is the place they take boys no one wants. When they took the hat off the child, it was a GIRL! Oh, how I wanted to live that scenario..and in a different sort of way, you and I are, eh? And, I wouldn't have it any way either! :D :D

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin