His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Geography





We made them from this:


 
 They enjoyed making our GLOBES too. :)

We will work some more on them soon and I'll take pictures of our progress. :)

8 comments:

:)De said...

That was my favorite project in 5th grade! I made so many globes that year that my mom had to limit them. I can't wait to see them when done.

:)De said...

P.S. I just remembered that I have green and blue temper paint in the closet...I feel a project coming on LOL!

Sergey and Tatyana said...

I never had a chance to do something like this. Now I have a project to do with our kids. :) They look fun to make, and can't wait to see when they are done.

Hevel Cohen said...

We are doing this for the third theme of the year... maybe it's the fourth. Anyway, soon enough! We are making our own glue for the theme before. :)

Mike and Christie said...

Hevel, we tried it making our own starchy glue, and it didn't work. I tried to make it up by putting paper mache' from the store and it was AWFUL.... so we threw the mess out and started again.

I could not BELIEVE how expensive glue was at the art store! I bought this gallon of glue at Lowes for 12.99. The art store wanted 7.99 for a smaller 16 oz bottle of glue, i couldn't believe it!
We mixed the glue with some water to make it thinner and and we could dip the news paper in the solution to put on the balloon. So far, they are dry and holding together! :)

Mike and Christie said...

Alli wants to make a big pinata.... :)

Hevel Cohen said...

Ah, I hope our glue project works as well as last year! We also like to mix up a lot of wallpaper glue and store it in jars... lasts forever, costs pennies.

Claire said...

I used wallpaper paste, it worked really well.A piñata sounds fun too.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin