His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Trip to Houston and... My Birthday

I have to say, this was a WONDERFUL Birthday..... We were actually gone  from 4:15 a.m. until 10:18 p.m.  Because we had to go to Austin and then Houston and then back home.


 Austin
 Houston
 This was an interesting decore in a Mexican Restaurant in Houston.
 The Best Mexican food EVER.... I doubt we'll ever find that place again!
 This is Erika trying to look "Russian".... LOL
 That didn't last long.
 Texas.....


 We stopped at the Sam Houston Memorial Statue.

 It is HUGE!  That is Erika down at the bottom!
 Erika thought Daddy would like this quote. :)
 Sun Set in Texas


 A meal on the road....
When we got home, I was met with many birthday greetings:
I think they missed us....
 Alli Painted thsese pictures for me. :)
 Anna did this one with her sisters.
 Sarah gave me a sweet gift.....
 And made sure of how OLD I am....






 Daddy and I goofing off.
 The girlies can't believe I would hug a daddy without a shirt. :)
Sarah did this dance for my Birthday..... I just LOVE her so much! :)  If I live to be really old, I'll have a great collection of these. :)
Alli and Sarah created another dance for my birthday while Erika and I were on our trip to Houston. 
I just love and  adore each of my girls. They put so much effort into this dance and also put so much love into my birthday. :)  I so appreciate their hearts.

video
The girls had us get dressed up.... (Daddy had to put on a shirt) :)
They set the table
Prepared a Menu
Cooked all the delicious food


Took our pictures
And they were OH SO PROUD of themselves . :)



 Alli's cheese cake!
 Love this face of Daddy. :)  Alli made cheese cake surprise! It was surprisingly good! :)
Alli and Sarah getting prepared to dance.
WOW! What a beginning of the week!!!!  I will write more tomorrow about our Houston trip and what is required from Russia for adoptions that have been disrupted..... stay tuned!

THANK YOU GIRLS!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday! What sweet children you have! I love the creative cupcakes.

Chiara said...

Govern wisely and as little as possible.

WhaWhaWha!!!

Sorry, no intention to be rude or disrespectful, but in Italy it just sounds so comical!

mommajeane said...

Happy Birthday my friend...you are loved as you can tell thru these pics.. I enjoyed seeing how they did love on you.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin