His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Coincidence or Orchestration From The Lord?


I don't believe in Coincidence..... Tonight was family worship time.   We had a LOOOONG day.  First we had MOST of our school, then we had a LOOOONG appointement  at the hospital getting legs fitted.  Then we came home, I rushed all the girls to the library and store, then got back in time for a late dinner and to start Family Worship by 7:30.  WHEW!  

That kind of chaos doesn't work well, but sometimes it just cannot be helped so we do our best.  Anna and Alli stayed home from the hospital appointment with daddy.

For family worship, we continued to read the second 1/2 of  1 Corinthians chapter 11 and then 13. 
Before we started reading.... 3 girls were sitting on the couch.  Alli and Sarah were on either end and Erika in the middle.  Anna was sitting by me.  Sarah spread herself out  across Erika, which Erika didn't mind and then Alli decided to spread herself out a bit too.  The problem arose when Alli didn't want Sarah's foot to touch her leg.  It was one of those famous, "She's touching me!" moments. UGH
So, I told Alli, well, if you don't want to be touched, just move onto your own cushion.   And so ensued a child weeping at the unfairness of not being allowed to spread out all over creation without being touched. Oh the unfairness of it all! After all, Sarah was spreading out, why couldn't she????
Well, she could, but if she didn't want to be "touched", then she couldn't. 
We tried to explain that the point is,  Sarah doesn't mind being touched.... and Erika doesn't mind being touched.  If YOU don't mind being touched then don't worry about it..... but IF you DO... move over to your own place and all will be fine too.....

She just couldn't get it, so quiet tears flowed at the unfairness of the situation.  Now, had this been a long time ago, she may have been up a tree, having a full fledged fit or curled up on her bed.... SHE STAYED... and she listened...

As daddy began to lead in scripture reading, the entire passage was on disruption and factions in the body of Christ.  It was quite interesting watching them read and listen to the words of Paul.  And then.... Daddy turned over to 1st Corinthians 13 on the description of LOVE.... He very poetically asked the girls, "So what does LOVE look like?"  And they read:  Love is patient, love is kind, LOVE DOES NOT SEEK IT'S OWN....
After we prayed and closed for bedtime.  I asked Sarah, "What do you think you could have done differently?"  "Were you thinking of yourself or  others?"   I had been rocking Alli and asked her the same thing.... and both answered correctly.  They were both thinking of themselves and not the other person....

What would have been the LOVING thing to do?  And both answered correctly! :) 

So, while we didn't have a "conventional" or "normal" worship time tonight.... we had a GREAT example to spring board from and we all learned something from it. :)  We went on to explain to the girls that in the same way that God LOVES us.... Dad and Mom strive to LOVE them! We HOPE ALL THINGS, ENDURE ALL THINGS, BELIEVE ALL THINGS.... we have GREAT HOPES for them and there is NO GREATER JOY than to see them respond to the Lord and grow and serve HIM.
To see them growing in trust and love is a great joy to us. 
As we ended in our usual song "Go out with joy and be led forth in Peace"..... I had a sense of calm and joy. 
As I snuggled with Anna before she went to bed she said, "Mama, I think Alli just needed more attention today. It was a long day and she didn't get much.  I LOVE how Anna cares for and loves on Alli. :)

All the girls went to bed with joyful hearts..... WAY different than when we started our "Worship Time."   
Oh what imperfect beings we are! :)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

That is so special. My son asked me once why EVERYTHING we read during our Bible Study time directly relates to his behavior. I said it was because God loves him. You are right. There are no coincidences.

Annie said...

Aren't things like that such a gift?

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin