His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

 Yes, we are in our PJs. :)

 Sarah made us a wonderful card and we enjoyed a quiet breakfast together.
After that we all headed to worship.  When we returned, we took a leisurely drive and went out to Lunch together, leaving the girls at home. :)
Erika took a picture of us driving away. :)
It is so rare to get out alone, so we really enjoyed our precious time. :) 
We did talk about our marriage and where we started from and where we are today.... We were both surprised about where life has taken us.  We have NO IDEA where we will be in 23 more years!  We didn't dare guess. LOL
We went to a furniture store after lunch and browsed around for awhile.
When we arrived home we were greeted with giggling girls asking if we had a "Romantic Time".... The boys never asked that question...they preferred to NOT know about such things! :)
Anna made us a lovely card telling us we were the "coolest parents ever"! :)
Alli was so proud of herself today. She had a WONDERFUL day.  She just kissed me goodnight and said she was praying for another wonderful day tomorrow.

Honestly 23 years ago, with 4 little boys to raise, I would have never pictured my life today with 4 grown sons, 4 daughter's in law, 10 grand children and 4 delightful daughters!
We have met some wonderful life long friends along the way and we are thankful for each person we know that is in our lives today.
These 23 years have been hard, and good, and painful and wonderful and rich and full, eventful and mysterious, sad and humorous.... and the LORD has walked with us each step of the way. 
 I think it is called "LIFE". :)






4 comments:

mamaporuski said...

Happy Anniversary! It looks a little dark outside when you had to be "blessed" with your wake up!

JJ said...

Congratulations to one of my all time favorite couples! Glad you had a wonderful day from start to finish!

Annie said...

I was going to second what Deb said - you get up darned EARLY!

You guys are so cute, and the girls are adorable.

Mike and Christie said...

Yea, Sarah woke us up at 6:00 a.m. to tell us to stay in bed for a few more minutes..... NO PROBLEM! LOL

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin