Today, it was such poetic timing for Miss Alli. She was stretched
BUT..... the next lesson was Language Arts. She opened her book and the ENTIRE lesson was on doing one's best! It explained the REASON for studying hard and doing your best. And then, when she turned the page there was a scripture of encouragement! She was so encouraged. Her handwriting changed from a sloppy mess: to something really nice! :)
And then tonight, she decided it was time to stop picking her fingers! :) Way to go girl!

2 comments:
Last year I took a course called "Research Based Strategies for Education" and one of the strategies which is backed by research is to teach children that success requires HARD WORK! I think they are right when they say that for some reason schools have stopped doing this. The emphasis is for teachers to try and make everything interesting, and involving and so forth - which I think is perfectly right - except the result is that if we are not careful, we try to keep the need for dogged, hard work a dirty secret. In fact, I honesty think that sometimes kids get the idea that if they have to work hard, and slave away - something is wrong with them.
Anastasia is going to be doing K-12 on-line school. I am probably going to be teaching Ilya English (intensively) and Math, and more or less skipping other subjects. Would Rod and Staff have any material which would be useful for a mature, but remedial, English student?
I recognize that bandaid method. We have some here who have done that. Way to go Alli. I look forward to seeing your beautiful nails.
Post a Comment