His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Arms and Legs and Doctors Oh My!

 Sarah has developed a hard lump on her forearm over the last couple of years, after she had surgery for a tendon transplant.  It was looked at 2 years ago, and they said it was normal.  Then, 3 weeks ago she complained of pain. The area was a little red and swollen, with that lump looking much larger!
I made an appointment for her and they took x rays today.
The verdict is, that the bone is trying go grow around that transplant.  She most likely just irritated it being Sarah.... :)   There is no tumor, which was my biggest fear.  YEA! So she is a healthy girl. :)

While we were there, I noticed that she also was walking a little crooked, so we headed down stairs to prosthetics to see if Dwight was available. He was!  So she now has another centimeter added to her leg. :)
He also ground out the leg to make more room, as she has grown.

He also said that Erika's legs were ready to try on.... We tried them, and there is some tweaking to do.  That won't happen until after camp.   Which is next week! WHEW!

 Waiting for the doctor to come in at hand clinic.

 Now we are in Prosthetics..... waiting for the leg to be lengthened.
 Erika trying on new legs.... Sarah still waiting....


Oh my precious girls.  So fortunate to have them in my life. :)

1 comment:

Kelly C said...

Yes, you are blessed. Amen to that! Kelly

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin