His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, June 22, 2012

A Fellowship

We attended a going away party for our friend's dear daughter and her husband and children, who will be leaving to go to a far away country .  They will be planting a church. 
My heart wrenches, as I know the dangers they will face.  But I am so happy for them, that they KNOW they are doing what God would have them do.
They are leaving on Tuesday for Language school, which will last 2 years.  And then.... to the country that the Lord has led them to.
It is an honor to know this beautiful couple.  I knew our friend's daughter when she as just 3, and a little "Cubby" in Awana.  
For those who teach Awana, or Sunday School.... know, that someday, one of the children YOU teach, may be off to a faraway land, to share the Gospel....The GOOD NEWS of Jesus Christ!
And you, will have had a part in the training of that person.  Take your job seriously! Serving the Lord is SERIOUS business.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I try and remember that all the time. You never know when you are going to make a profound difference in someone's life.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin