His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, June 2, 2012

ART and LADIES


 I love artwork. I am terrible at it, but like trying.  On the other hand, Miss Alli is quite a good artist.
I introduced her to one of my favorite keepsake books called, "The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady" .  I don't believe it is in print any longer, but what a wonderful book!  I bought it years ago for the guys when we were doing sketch books. 
I REALLY LIKE sketch books, because when we are happy or stressed, they serve a wonderful creative purpose!
 Here is one of Alli's free hand sketches.

 Another one of Alli's Sketches.  Time to introduce her to water colors. :)


7 comments:

NoMatterWhatMom said...

All of those pictures are delightful--both the Edwardian Lady's and Alli's. Alli is quite talented.

Allyson said...

Alli's sketches are absolutely gorgeous. And the sketchbook looks so interesting...do you think it could be found on ebay or amazon??

Annie said...

What a dear idea! I love that book too....reminds me of Beatrix Potter's sketchbooks from the time she was about Alli's age. (Which I ran across in a library visit....sounded for a second like I was well-acquainted with Miss Potter personally.)

Mike and Christie said...

It is available on Amazon along with a couple of others. It is a little pricey but worth it. :)

Annie, I love Beatrix Potter. She was acquainted with Peter Rabbit. :) So you are allowed to be acquainted with her! After watching Miss Potter, I feel more acquainted with her.

rolise said...

Christie- Alli is talented. I loved her sketches. My mom is into watercolors and she brought over some watercolor pencils to use on a project with my son who is 11. I thought those were kind of cool and might be a good place for her to start. You can get them at any art store or Michaels, etc.

Robin

Mike and Christie said...

Robin,
That is a great idea! I'll check into those.

Penney Douglas said...

I love that book, too. I used to have it. I have some artistic girls that might enjoy it. I'll get it again when we get settled in our new home. We're moving to Texas in a couple of weeks. My husband just got a job there. I don't know if you read enough of my blog to see that he had been working in SC separated from us for about a year. He finally got a job with a contract longer than 3 months, and it happens to be in Sealy, TX. So we're all going to move there with him. Alli is very talented. I'm so glad she gets such great encouragement from you. I'll have to show the Edwardian Lady book to my little artists, too.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin