His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Camp


Tomorrow, Erika, Sarah and I leave for "Out on a Limb camp". You have to be out of a couple of limbs or have multiple limb difference, or more to go to this camp. 
Over the years we have met some wonderful people. Some have become some very sweet friends, and our reunions each year get sweeter.  The rest of the family gets to go to the Winter Camp Retreat, in February.
 I explained to Alli last year, that this is the only place where Erika and Sarah ever see anybody else just like them.  And they are very fortunate to have each other. Some children don't have a sibling with missing limbs to identify with, and it can be very lonely.

There is much to do to get ready!  I will miss Daddy, Anna and Alli, but we always talk on the phone at night.  Daddy, I'm sure will have some fun things planned for the three of them. :)

I am so thankful that we are going. I became very ill last night trying to battle an infection and had to go to one of those Emergency Room places.  I have to say, they were VERY good and got me in quickly.  After getting a shot of antibiotic, advil,  and staying in bed and not cleaning  carpets, I am already 50% better than I was last night.  I still have that one left to do that I wanted to finish before we left, but it is not to be. My body says, REST.  Unfortunately, I had to stay behind from services today. :(    But I'm glad I got some obviously much needed sleep, as I just woke up at 12:30!

So, camp here we come! :)  Stay tuned! :)

While I am gone, please enjoy some of the "Posts of Note" on my side bar.  :)

2 comments:

Jo's Corner said...

I saw your post on Fb. Drink lots of fluids. And, cranberry juice helps. I have had 9 UTI's in the past 6 months. Every time I finish a round of antibiotics, within 2 days it's back. Praying that you will be done with the help of that injection!
Have fun at camp. I really enjoy reading those posts! I would love to volunteer there, but I'm too far away. Hugs to all ~ jo

Annie said...

I was feeling weirdly jealous and envious on the behalf of the family members left home. What's some plain old retreat, compared to this special bonding time?

Wondering at that odd response, I realized that the feeling comes from being envious, personally, that you have this great supportive time with your girls and people who share your situation and I was attributing this feeling to your family. I'm such a weird person.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin