His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday School


This morning is our kickoff for Summer.... We will be studying Missions around the World.  I'm excited about it.  Our K-2 kids will be exploring Africa, Asia, South America and Philippines, visiting Missionaries and what they do in each of these countries, using a DVD program along with a study guide..  We have activities to go along with the program and I think they like it! :)
We will also add some other countries like Russia and Ukraine, as we know friends who live and work there as missionaries. :)

Today we learned about Mission Aviation Fellowship, and another family that moved to Africa to help existing churches implement Sunday School into their churches.  The kids got to see animals from Africa, and some of the cultural differences. 

I ordered Passports for each of them that look just like the ones above, and took their pictures today. When the passports arrive, I'll paste their pictures inside so they can have a pretend passport to stamp for each country we visit over the summer. :) 

We also have a map on our wall and will be adding photos of the missionaries we talk about, and put a push pin into each country we visit.


2 comments:

Annie said...

That's a cute idea! Not noticing the title, I thought this was your theme for summer home education, and it wouldn't be a bad one, either!

Mike and Christie said...

I think we are going to do this at home too! :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin