His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Funnies for June

I already posted our first June funny here..

This morning Anna was diagramming a command sentence where the subject is understood. (YOU)
Instead she wrote ( U )..... and then there was an "R"   instead of are.
She said she was diagramming in TEXT!  No, dear, I don't think so. LOL

Erika was talking to her sister and I overheard her say, "Don't Hypervillinate"!   Instead of "Don't hyperventilate!"   :)

Today I put spare ribs in the crock pot for a late dinner.  We had our 2nd support group meeting and I wasn't going to be home until after 8:30.
I bought the kind with the bone in.  When I got home, Erika said, "That sure was a lot of work! It burned my fingers!" 
She had deboned every single spare rib and there was a big pot of shredded pork!   LOL 
Poor girl. :)

4 comments:

Penney Douglas said...

Hi Christie,

I've been reading your posts since the last time I visited in April. My, you guys have been busy! I cried through so many of your posts. And laughed through the others. Thank you for sharing your life with others (including me). I'll be back to read more thoroughly. I'm supposed to be packing, but I started reading your blog after noticing your comment on mine again and I just couldn't stop reading. I don't know how close to Houston you live, but we will be living near there soon. Maybe God will work out a meeting for us some time.



Love,
Penney

Mike and Christie said...

Hi Penny,
I do remember you and your blog. :)
We are about 5 hours north of Houston. When are you going to get there? I will actually be in Houston sometime this month to file paperwork at the Russian Embassy. :)

Mike and Christie said...

Be sure to sign your son up with Texas Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas. He qualifies for care there!

Annie said...

The story about Erika is so funny! It reminds me of the time (when I was much older) and my parents had a lot of jalapeno peppers to be harvested. I picked them, and decided I'd be a loving daughter and prepare them, too..... According to what I read, you were supposd to blanch and peel them, which I proceeded to do....with my fingers. Talk about burned fingers!!!!!

My parents came home and said, well - they just prefer to freeze them whole. (Which is a super way to keep peppers, by the way!) All that time and pain for nothing!!!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin