His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Can It Be SEVEN YEARS????

Yes! It CAN!
Our beautiful Sarah has been home for SEVEN years! 
Sarah is a JOY.  She is one of the most loving, ACCEPTING, generous children I have ever met.
Tonight during our family worship, I heard her share and talk about her faith and her desires to serve the Lord.  She is such a HUGE blessing to all of us.

Sarah's beginnings were so sad.  She was born to a teen age mother who had no way to care for her.  She contracted TB at some point and wound up in a TB hospital, where she was isolated and neglected.  There is no clear understanding of where she was her first 2 years.  She never made it to an orphanage until she was 4!  And then, after she got there, she climbed a tree, fell out and broke her hip! SO she was confined to a bed (tied) for a couple of months.  Papa Dima's daughter said she was FIGHTING MAD! :) 
She came to the United States on her 5 th birthday and she came to us, 2 months shy of her 6th birthday. :)
When we went back and visited Ukraine, one of the workers knew the meaning of the name Sarah and laughed saying "that name fits her perfectly!" She really was a princess.  "I'm not eating that!"
That is what she would say about some of the orphanage food. LOL
I cannot imagine our lives without her.
She is turning into such a wonderful young lady. :)  I am going to miss my "little girl" as she is growing up.... but I cherish each and every memory, and I cherish the young lady that is emerging.   Sarah will be 13 next month! WOW!  Is it POSSIBLE!!!!!! 
I love you my Sweet, Kind, Considerate, Loving  Sarah.... You are TRULY a Princess. :)

3 comments:

Milena said...

I'm truly happy for you to have her and for her to have you!

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

She is just precious.
Yay for being home 7 years!!! :-))))

mamaporuski said...

Happy Seven Years! Congratulations!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin