His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, May 6, 2012

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDREL!


 Miss Alli is one brave girl giving that snake a dirty look for killing her baby chick!
So, we were VERY curious about WHICH chicken he ate.  I figured what went in, must be able to come out.  It was very interesting squeezing the little fellow out.  I could feel the snakes muscles and bones retract and compress.   Glad I wasn't that poor chicken!  Glad I wasn't the snake either. :)

video

Here is some interesting video of our morning event! :)  The first video we get the baby chick out.


video
The second video gives a good lesson on not touching a snake after it is dead because it can still bite and move.

5 comments:

Nellie said...

This is all a bit too graphic for me.

Mike and Christie said...

So sorry Nellie. I put a warning at the top, just in case. :)

:)De said...

Wow! I can't wait to show my boys this in the morning. They will get a kick out of this.

:)De said...

I will have to start calling your blog, "Science with Ms. Christie!" LOL! The boys thought it was interesting, the girl said, "That was just nasty!"

~Smile~

Holly said...

Oh yuck! LOL! I am SO very glad we do not have snakes over here! I think I would have a heart attack if one of those came near my house! :O

Thanks for the graphic warning - I think I will skip the videos, since I don't want to have snake-related nightmares tonight! Haha!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin