His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, May 4, 2012

Cleaning the Room.... A Big Surprise

Miss Alli has longed for a mandolin for over a year.  She left her mandolin behind when she came.  After looking for quite some time, daddy found one online that was a great deal.  So we bought it.
Just YESTERDAY she said, "It is going to take a long time to save for a mandolin....maybe 2 years!" LOL
I told her, "You know, miracles can happen." 
She said, "I'm not so sure".... rather drolly.
Then today happened.  While we were on our play date, the mandolin arrived 3 days early!  Dad called and said, "What should we do?"  He decided to open the box and put it on her bed.

When we arrived home, she was hot and sweaty and a little tired, and was not real excited about cleaning her room.  She didn't know I was following her with the camera until she turned around in her room..... then we asked her if she had made her bed yet...... :)  All the rest is in picture. :)

 





There is a very happy little Mandolin Player around here. :)

12 comments:

Joy said...

LOVED her reaction! It was so sincere and sweet. :-)

NoMatterWhatMom said...

That just gave me goosebumps! My adopted kids' lives used to be full of bad surprises. It is wonderful to be able to challenge their perception that all surprises are bad by giving our kids good surprises--big and small. The mandolin was a home run in the game of good, big surprises. I'm glad that you caught it all on tape and could share it with us.

Keri said...

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. The hug for Daddy has me crying still!

Holly said...

Love it! :D Hilarious how she runs so fast you almost miss her! :P

ko said...

So much happiness! I love it!

ko said...

So much happiness!! I love it.

Milena said...

Lovely lovely lovely! She is so sweet and her jump down from her bed is the best. I just love her reaction!

JJ said...

What a joy to give good things to our children! And to see that Alli is doing SO well. She had more than one opportunity in this video to be negative or sassy, but she did not because God has done a work inside of her. :D

This reminds me of the time I was in the back of the house sitting in the office with my husband, when I asked my wonderful stepdaughter to go get me my shoes in the living room. Both she and he were perplexed by the request, but being the godly young lady happily complied. Immediately there were screams of joy, because I had bought an entire Spring wardrobe an laid it out across the room from which she could choose. Yes, good girls are a blessing...and fun to bless, too!

JJ said...

Just watched the video again, and remembered how awesome it was that Alli valued her mom and dad above the gift. She didn't even touch the mandolin until she had sufficiently thanked you both. Wow, that girl has her priorities right! Great job, Mom and Dad!

Muddled Muse said...

It is so sweet, she took one look inside the case and then immediately jumped down to thank you and ran off to hug her dad. I look forward to some musical mandolin videos soon!

Sophie said...

So sweet! Love how she thanked you both and even ran to find her daddy to thank him before even really looking at the gift. What a sweetheart.

Mamita J said...

Thank you for posting this. It made me cry.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin