His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Book Fair

 Ready to go! :)

This weekend we attended the Arlington Home School Book Fair.  It was WONDERFUL. 
I have attended this book fair for almost 2 decades and every year it just blesses me.  It just makes me want to get all those books out and study!  (ME....only however....  the girls are ready for summer to start.) :)
We found some really great mystery books that Sarah has been dying to read.  We found a collection of Charles Dicken's stories with color pictures and written in a younger grade level for Miss Alli to enjoy. (Thank you Usborne books!) 
We found our geography to dig into, and we listened to speakers.  
It is so worth going. 
And as always, we see friends every year that many times we only see at the Book Fair.  :)  We catch up on the year's news and enjoy a couple of days meeting once again, until the next year.

This year was especially special, because  my daughter in law Emily, from "God's Mercy Displayed" ( on my side bar)  was there to find curriculum for the boys. :)
It was so fun looking with her.  

We enjoyed hearing Sally Clarkson from "Whole Heart Ministries" speak.  Sally has authored several books on motherhood and home education, and she has a wonderful blog ( also on my sidebar) called "I Take Joy".  Her husband Clay has a book coming out very soon that I am looking forward to buying. :)   It is called "Heartfelt Discipline"...... He took it off the market a few years ago to rework it.  I can't wait for the new and improved version. :)

There was also a Dinosaur Bone Exhibit.  I enjoyed looking at just how large some of these animals were. WOW!





 This kind of cracked me up......  (maybe she couldn't read yet) LOL
And FINALLY, there was the chess tournament.  Erika and Sarah entered the tournament this year with 38 other children.  They had a blast playing for fun and then the tournament.   Erika received "Honorable Mention" and Sarah received "Special Recognition".   
Erika was given a Knight, key chain and Sarah a Queen key chain. :)




While Sarah and Erika played chess, Alli drooled over the art supplies at the Miller Pad company booth.  I think she spent SEVERAL hours over there just looking over all the possibilities.  She finally purchased a "Stained Glass" coloring book.  It is really neat. 

And Miss Anna?  Well, she stayed home this year.  She had some other plans, like writing, practicing guitar and playing with the cats. :) 
Daddy was home with Anna, as he had cars to work on. 
Right before we left, we took a picture with Ranger Stadium in the background.  (Boy were they ever busy this weekend!)

All in all, it was a really great weekend. :)


3 comments:

Lydia Price said...

Awww! I was hoping I'd see you this year but never did. I was only there on Friday. It is a fun time isn't it? Maybe next year. :)
Lydia Price

Holly said...

Looks like a fun book fair! I think I would have been like Alli - straight to the arty crafty stuff. :)

Allyson said...

That looks like fun!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin