His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, March 6, 2009

Ever Have One Of Those Days? We have ...GOOD AND BAD AND UGLY

Bad and Ugly first:
Yesterday was a mixed day. I'm getting used to getting around on a broken foot and even cooked breakfast....Then, I got really brave and decided to go to the store. This was my second time to the store. The first time didn't go so well. So I figured, more time, less pain....
I went out to the car and it was plugged in. So I tried to unplug it.

That plug was hard for me and then it came out really fast and I lost my balance and fell into these lovely auto shop thingys.


So once again, Mike had to rescue me from my own disaster. I was stuck and could not get up. This time, my right wrist is very sore, and I think I may have broken my finger too. It is very sore and it doesn't bend, which makes it hard to type.
Since they don't do much for fingers, I'm just going to tape it and hope for the best.

My foot hurt more last night along with my wrist, back and finger. My sweet husband got in bed and announced, "You're a mess!" gee thanks dear, I needed that.

So, I think I am going to need a bit of a break from blogging. I'm going to take a week off and see if my finger and wrist feel better. I can't stand typing this way.

I need a new heart attitude. I know. Kids with no legs and loads of issues and I can't handle a little broken foot and finger. BUT....THEY DON'T have to do all that I have to do! Excuses.... I know.
I just need to go pray.

I have the condo on the beach with sun shining through the sheer windblown curtains, while sitting on a chase lounge sipping iced tea with a little umbrella thingy and smelling the ocean breeze, listening to the waves. And everything is white, AND clean...... dreams.

TRUTH..... laundry, goat poop, walls that need painted, porches that need cleaned, and white floors that need scrubbed.

I think we need to play the Cinderella Princess game again. :)

I have one more post for this week and it is about Anna.
I think I'll just do it here to save my fingers: The Good Part of this post:

Anna has learning issues most likely caused by D and A exposure. She has been improving rapidly and I just wanted to share something.

Typically, if she is faced with a problem that she really struggles in, she may react by getting mad, or crying, or staring off into space etc. It is a job to keep her focused. But today, she was working on long division. She is doing remainders. I remember my own days of trying to learn, and there was no help because my mom didn't understand long division. I remember crying every day over it. I shared that with Anna last week.
And I also told her. Mom is here to help get you through this!

Guess what! She said to me, "Mom, I just did the wrong line in my book and got it all wrong.... What do you think my reaction should be?" LOL
I turned around and said, "We'll I'd be frustrated by that too, so your reaction should be to come and get a big hug and mom will help get you to the right line!"
YEA.... I cracked up at her trying to use a tool from her mental tool box.
She chose "self control". I'm so happy for her. It was also just darn cute. :) Here she is doing her math. I think she looks proud of herself!


She also cooked herself this great breakfast!

These eggs came straight from the coop and into the frying pan. :)

5 comments:

Melissa E. said...

Good for Anna! We are still working on opening that tool box...

I feel so badly for all your suffering, Christie! How hard it is to be out of commission when you have so much to do!

Frankly, I don't think it would be so bad if an injury meant lying around with a personal waiter, some pain meds, and a good book at the beach. But, like you said, there is reality!

So sorry for all your woes! I hope you will mend quickly! In the meantime, enjoy the forced relaxation! At least when you get some.

Mike and Christie said...

Thanks Melissa. :)

I do have some adult kids coming over the weekend to do some cleaning. YEA... :)

Forced relaxation is the best description. LOL

I remember our early days of tool box opening. One time I told her to get her tool box out and pick a tool. (she was 5) She said, "I can't because it is locked and I can't find the key!" LOL
To which I said, "Mommy's tool box is locked too, so somebody better find a key quick!" :)

I gotta go lay down. :)

I

JJ said...

OH Christie, your husband, I'm afraid, is right. Bless your little pea pickin' heart! I am praying and sending you a {{BIG HUG}}.

May the beautiful weather and the signs of an early Spring bring the warmth of God's love through His sunshine to your heart today!

Susan a.k.a Lucy said...

Wow, the blog looks all spiffy with the western theme and great music. Will keep praying for your recovery, sounds like God is keeping your soul in good health meanwhile! with love,
Susan

Christine said...

Wow-- what a big girl! Better than my eggs look half the time.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin