His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tools Put To Good Use


With 5 little girlies running around here all week it has been interesting watching them figure out where they belong.... Having chickens makes "pecking order" come to life, and there is also a "natural" pecking order with kids, especially when they are all close to the same age. :)

Well, yesterday Sarah had HAD IT with being "bossed around" by 3 older girls. I heard her on the front porch after somebody corrected something she said say, "THAT IS IT!"
She was not a happy camper!
I don't know what "IT" was, but THAT WAS IT!

So I called her in and sat with her on the rocking chair a few minutes and told her, "Sweety, do you think you can solve your problem by yelling?" Her answer was, "No, BUT THEY....."

So I asked her again, "How can you solve your problem?"

I think she was really over reacting to a simple situation, so I asked her to open her "tool box" and she started to smile. I put a "no more yelling" tool in there. We snuggled for a minute and then she sat straight up! "MOMMY! I'VE GOT IT!"

She ran outside and went over to Erika who was sitting on the swing. She told her, "Hey Erika, Open your toolbox!" Erika was grinning and opened her "tool box". I heard Sarah say, "I know you don't think you need this but believe me you do!" She gave her a "no more bossing people around tool!" :)

And they played happily the rest of the day!

2 comments:

Diana said...

I absolutely love your tool box idea. I made a tangible toolbox for my kids. They love it and better yet, it's working and THEY'RE REALLY STARTING TO GET IT! Yeah!!!

Yeah for your girlies as well :-)

Melissa E. said...

Haha! We need a No-more-bossing-people-around tool in our house too!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin