His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pineapple Juice, Tents and Little Girls

We had such a fun day. After the park I suggested the girls get their tent out and set it up, then they could read and relax in their tent.

They had set up a miniature "Enterprise City" all around the house, each selling their wares to each other for various prices, and I figured it would be a good idea to get them back out into the sun.

Well, I noticed the tent went up, and then I noticed it went right back down. Hmmmm.
I asked the girls, "Why did you take the tent down?"

One of them said, "Somebody spilled Pineapple Juice in the tent". WHAT?

So I see this 1/2 gallon size can of Pineapple Juice laying on the lawn, empty.
I asked about the tent again, and a tearful Anna came up and said, "Mommy, I spilled the Pineapple Juice in the tent so we had to put it away."

Uh, did you clean the tent? No, we just put it away.

With that, I decided they should clean it, and I should go to the store.

I left them with daddy for a while and went to Wally World.

When I came back, there was the cutest note waiting for me.
They each wrote a little part of it and said how much they loved me.
Then, they said they had cleaned the kitchen, dishes, and living room. It was dark when I walked in. I heard these little giggles coming from the living room and then they all popped up from the couch and yelled SURPRISE! :)


I was so happy that Anna had told the truth, and happy that they had noticed that Mommy/Gramma needed some help AND they really wanted to do something nice for me.

I couldn't ask for sweeter kids. :)

2 comments:

kelly said...

Too funny about the tent!! What sweethearts!

Rebecca said...

awww...that is awesome. I just love those girls. How very thoughtful that was!

But I can't believe they put away a tent filled with pinapple juice. Wow. LOL

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin