His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sticking Out Tongues and Crooked Paths

Tonight during family worship, we were finishing up the 2nd Chapter of Proverbs. Chapter 2 speaks of treasuring wisdom and understanding the fear of the Lord.

We talked about the difference between "Healthy" fear, and "Unhealthy" fear.

The girls came up with very good ideas and seem to really understand the concept that not all fear is bad.

We talked about discernment and following the wicked and how it can lead from the path of life to a crooked path.

They were able to come up with lots of ideas on that scripture too.

As we were wrapping up the evening, the girls gave another idea of "healthy fear". It had to do with Bryan the Billy goat. It is good to be careful around him, because he can butt if you don't watch him. That is a type of "fear". We aren't trembling afraid of him, but keep our distance and don't let him behind us or he might butt us. And mom remembered the other day when Erika said, "Bryan won't butt me!" and she proceeded to walk up to him. He did and mom had to catch her on the way down. LOL

We were all laughing and I caught her out of the corner of my eye jokingly sticking out her tongue.....

So then I said, "And look at verse 23 in chapter 2!"

It says, "Thou shaltest NOT sticketh out thy tongue at thy mother, as it will leadeth down a crooked path!"

She looked down at her bible really fast and we all cracked up laughing.:)
There is no verse 23.

OH MOTHER!! :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin