His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Signs of Spring and Sweet Gestures

I can't believe that it "Feels" like Spring already! Our Red Bud Tree is beginning to bloom.

We are seeing little flowers pop out of the ground. Anna brought these flowers in yesterday and put them in her refrigerator sheep. :)

The sun seems to be coming up earlier and Earlier! I heard a rumor that Spring Forward is next weekend. I'm not sure it that is true or not, but it sure seems awfully early!

Some of the things I look forward to in Spring are the rain storms, the sounds of the Thunder and the sight of the Lightening. It is just awesome and spectacular sitting on the front porch and watching the sky light up in the thunderous clouds piled thousands of feet high. I also love working the soil and planting the new garden. This year I am vying for raised beds. I think we need to have a successful garden this year and not just a "want to be a garden". :)

I love going and picking out the seeds to plant and the smell of the tomato plants.
I also love that life starts afresh. We are going to have baby goats any time now and I can't wait to meet them.

Here is a picture of Erika and Mike sitting by the window early this a.m. The sun is already up! Usually it is still dark at this time, but not today! Spring.....


My Daughter in Law Jodie came over last night to visit with our grand daughters Katie and Lillian. They are such cutie pies. They brought me this wonderful bouquet of Spring Tulips!

I love tulips. They are my favorite flower.:)
I thought that was so sweet of them to bring me flowers. Spring Break is coming up for Katie and Lillian and we will be able to spend the week together. How special is that? My grand daughters are so sweet. I'm really looking forward to a week together.
We are planning a spelling bee,math bee, reading "Stepping Heavenward",doing some science experiments and creating lots of great artwork.

3 comments:

mommajeane said...

I love redbud trees and all the spring flowers too.. but up north here we still had snow and cold winds... We even have a fire in our fireplace all day today..but there is the hope of spring this wknd... it is suppose to be in the 60's... Have a great week with your grand daughters and I look forward to your pics from that week.

JJ said...

Love the photos. The tree buds are so encouraging! The sheep's flowering hair, and the photo capturing the love of a father and daughter. The tulips are nice, too.

Goodnight. ;-o

vityli="the term for country cooking in the mountains of Italy"? (LOL)

Mike and Christie said...

:) Oh to see the mountains of Italy!
I think the week for the grand daughters is going to be the 16th through the 22. I'm excited.:)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin