His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Shower Season

It is the season for Showers. NO, we don't shower just in Spring as in the days of old ; it is Wedding Shower and Baby Shower Season!

Today I went to the Wedding Shower for a dear friend's son's future Bride. Did you get that? My friend Brenda's Oldest son Taylor is getting married! Isn't he perpetually 12? I guess not. Just like, I'm not perpetually 35 any more. :)

So, it is a garden type, restaurant type shower. That means CATERED! That means Really NICE! I was excited about going, so I could meet Taylor's new bride, and spend time with my friends, but boy was I nervous about what to wear. Yikes, what should I wear?

I asked Mike and he said, "go as you are". Yea right. I'm sitting here in overalls and a ponytail.

So I broke out the makeup. While it is just me, in color, it was necessary. I wore a dress, but realized, I really do need another dress. This one I got at the thrift store so it was old when I got it, and now it is REALLY OLD. :)

So you wanna see what I looked like? The girls liked the colorized mom.
I just had a good time. I liked the colorized mom in overalls, when I got home. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look B-E-A-utiful!!!
-katie parker

Brian said...

I like the dress a lot! It doesnt look old. You look beautiful! With or without color. I think you are one of the most beautiful women I know and it's not because of your dress!
Love,
brandy cloud

christie said...

Thanks Katie and Brandy. :)

You are very sweet.

christie said...

Thanks Katie and Brandy. :)

You are very sweet.

Christine said...

Christie, you look hot! ;)

christie said...

Christine! :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin