His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, March 28, 2008

The Time Has Come

It is time to start weaning from stuff. I have been collecting books for years. They are great books, but one could not possibly read all these books again. My fingers are being pried from them, as the possibility in the future of going to Ukraine comes 1 day sooner every day.
I started thinking.... "If there were a fire, what would I want to save?" Of course my bible... Then after that? The Complete Works of Johathan Edwards. After that? The complete works of John Bunyan. After that? The sermons of Martin Luther.

I started thinking... All these men's lives were changed by Jesus Christ and they studied.... The Scripture. :) I have what I need.

Then, there are the reference books. The ones about the Amish, about Islam, about Israel, about The Charismatic Movement, about Child Rearing, about Adoption, about Raising hurt children.

Then, there are the LOADS of kids books, that we will keep for a while, as we still have kids.

Then, there are the movies we have collected again over the years from that 5 dollar bin at walmart.

Then, there are the excesses collected over the years from garage sales.
The baskets,
The glasses
The storage jars

I'm exhausted and I haven't even started.

I WILL DO THIS! I CAN DO THIS! THE LORD WILL HELP ME DO THIS!

I need a nap. :)

2 comments:

Melissa E. said...

I hope that if you ever had a fire, you would get about at least a week's notice! You'd need it!

Anonymous said...

(maybe a months notice):)
katie

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin