His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Camera Troubles


For the past few months, I have been having a battle with my camera. It seems to get stuck out of focus even on automatic and manual and it takes a zillion tries to get a focused decent picture. Isn't that a tortuous picture to look at? That is how many of our photos are turning out, and then all of a sudden, we have 1 good one. But guess what! Our friends from Church are getting a new camera, and when they do, they said we could take over their older one. Horray!

God really does provide. We take photos for many different reasons. For out of state family and for others. I send pictures to Ukraine every year, and sometimes mid year to the Embassy. (This helps keep open relations in the adoption world)

Many times, the only thing the EE gov'ts. hear about is when there is a problem, like the recent arrest of 2 parents in the death of their newly adopted 14 month old and severe malnourishment of their 2 year old. The baby died of blunt force trauma to the head. He had only been home 2 weeks. The 2 year old had been home for 3 months and was on a feeding tube to help him. The verdict is not yet out on what exactly happened, but it doesn't matter to foreign govt's. They want to make sure ALL of their children are safe, even if they haven't taken the best care of them either. So if we can assure them that our 2 are safe, I think it goes a long way in positive relations.

If you are reading this, and your are an adoptive parent, take time to get natural, play time pictures of your children, with you, in your home, in the back yard, with your spouse and with other family and send them to the embassys of your children's country. You would be surprised how much it helps, just by being a good Unoffical Ambassador. :)

We did this rather innocently with Sarah for nearly a year, every month, emailing pictures to the embassy. We did not know it, but every picture was forwarded to the judge who handled her failed adoption. He was very pleased, so when we went to get Erika, he had already seen our pictures and read our letters and was really very friendly. He even asked us why we were so serious. (we were told not to smile) He smiled for everybody.:)

I will pray that the Lord Uses this new camera to do His work, in opening the hearts of those who have power over the lives of Orphans in Ukraine and other places in Eastern Europe, opening the doors so more children can find forever families that they so desperately need.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin