His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

When Green Meets Walmart


I HATE plastic bags! They are a waste and I always see them blowing across the freeway ready to get trapped under my vehicle and wreak havoc, getting twisted around something and causing damage. One of our customers had to fix his vehicle after a bag got twisted around his inside wheel and caused fluid loss! The seal had to be replaced.

So, I'm a green girl. I like to bring my cloth bags to the store, but sometimes I still forget.

Yesterday was one of those times. I noticed however that Walmart is selling cute little bags that say, "Paper or Plastic, Neither" on them; for 1.00.

I can always use another bag, so I took 2.(thinking this would solve my "forgetting the bag problem")

So, we put our stuff on the conveyor belt and the register locks up. I have to put all the stuff back into the cart and move to another check out stand, and wait again. By now, I'm a bit frustrated waiting so long, as the person in front of me left a bag and the checker ran out of the store to catch her. By now, I have sent the girls over to sit down on the bench as Erika's legs were getting tired.

So, the checker comes back and apologizes. He continues to check my things and before I know it, I see him putting them in those awful plastic bags.

The funny part is: He checked my "cloth grocery bags", and proceeded to put them in a plastic bag! By now, my frustration had turned to humorous amuzment.
Of course I smiled and said, "Have a nice Day", and went on my way home, contributing to the floating plastic bag problem once again.

I'll prevail next time. :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin