His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, March 1, 2008

I'll Never Know How Much It Cost.....

Tonight we went to Ministry Group. During our singing time, we sang...."here I am to worship, here I am to bow down, Here I am to say that You're My God, You're altogether worthy altogether lovely altogether wonderful to me.... I'll never know how much it cost, to see my sin upon that cross, I'll never know how much it cost to see My sin upon that cross.........

Then, I pondered, How much did it cost?

If God put the entire existence of the world into place; the sun, the moon, the stars, the planets. He created man, and man fell, and He redeemed mankind. The Cost? The COST? His SON. He sent HIS son. Not mine, not yours....HIS.

He was wounded and bruised for my transgression and iniquity. He was smitten and stricken, and a man of sorrows acquainted with grief.

What did it cost; the events to take place that God put in place? Eternal planning, eternal love, an eternal mindset. So far beyond my finite, conceptual mind that I can NEVER fathom or understand.

But one thing I DO KNOW...

He did it for me, and he did it for you. He DIED that I might live. He died that YOU might live.

Don't take it for granted.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin