His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, March 10, 2008

Anna


You know, there is just something so sweet about a sweet little girl.:)
Anna has had some incredible weeks lately in her personal development. I look back on our last 4 plus years and am amazed at her progress. She continues to blossom.

Yesterday, she came and plopped herself between us and told us she loved us. We gave her a hug and we told her she was turning into a beautiful girl on the inside. She said, "you have helped me learn to be pretty on the inside". She was very sincere and innocent in how she was talking. It didn't come off prideful at all. She told us it makes her feel good, to have a changed heart.

Isn't that awesome?

Oh my, from the days of not even understanding how to hold a baby doll, from the days of a nuclear meltdown on a regular basis, from the days of not understanding what permanent or love really meant..... she has emerged....

Our first grocery trip took almost 4 hours. Now, we can run all over town together and have a great time.

Anna is growing up, on the inside and the outside and we are so thankful for her progress and that she is in our lives. She has taught us alot. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just so awesome ! How do you not cry at moments like that? :)

Jackie

christie said...

Sometimes we do cry. :)

When you hit those milestones, they are great ways to remember that we are moving forward. Sometimes we go 3 steps forward 2 steps back, but it is always forward. :)

Anonymous said...

She is a beautiful little girl, and her sisters are coming along right behind her.

Grandpa

Anonymous said...

She is a beautiful little girl and has two sisters rapidly coming up right behind her.

Grandpa

Christine said...

She reminds me of a character right out of Anne of Green Gables.

christie said...

We love Anne of Green Gables!

We call Anna, Ann with an A. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin