His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, December 8, 2012

OH MY! How Life Has Changed!

So HOW has it changed???   9 years ago, we were emptynesters!(our chuck e cheese pictures from last weekend

 Nine years ago we became the parents of  a little 5 year old girl.  Her first statement in the morning was, "I have no idea what I am going to wear today!  We had to laugh at that statement as we had never heard such a thing from any of our four boys!

Mike leaned over and whispered in his best "Chip" voice.... "There's a girl in the Castle!"
Thus began our journey into adoption through the foster care system.

Mike had already adopted the guys several years before, so we were familiar with adoption that was within a family.  It was infinitely more complicated to adopt from Foster Care!

After going through all the classes and meeting Anna a few times, including a 2 week visit that included her 5th birthday and Thanksgiving, she came home forever.

We had 4 weddings and an adoption in 2 years time, and then, we added three more girls.
Our lives have been tremendously blessed.  There are many twists and turns on this path. There is the unexpected, there is the heart break, the fun and the full richness that we have in Christ, who carries us. 
ALL of these years have been blessed with  insights into our own humanness and  our own brokenness. While we were helping our daughters heal, the Lord in turn was using those experiences to help US heal in many areas.

I remember looking ahead when the boys were little and imagining what life would be like when I was in my 30's and 40's. HA! I didn't even think into my 50's~!
In my wildest dreams I would never have thought I'd be a mom to 8 kids! I never dreamed we would travel on an airplane to Ukraine! I never imagined most of my life! LOL
I am so glad that God is in control, otherwise, I would have sold myself short and not experienced  this amazing adventure~!
I tended to not try unfamiliar things. I was  a "dip your toe in the water" sort of girl.
Somehow, I think the Lord has changed much of that these past 9 years. :)

 

1 comment:

JJ said...

Yes, going with God is the greatest adventure of all!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin