His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, December 20, 2012

It's Vacation Time!

Everybody was so excited to start vacation!  Last night it began with a Christmas Party for our church youth.  The girls had a great time.  Today, Alli slept in!  Everybody else was up and working on various projects or playing games.
Alli wasted no time starting a new project once she was up.
 Today, Alli was a dear heart and entertained a dear friend's little grand daughter for a few hours while they had their car worked on.  I was checking on her through the screen when they were outside on the porch. She was being so attentive and sweet;  entertaining little Kiera. 



Anna started the first snow flake today to send to Sandy Hook Elementary.


 Sarah tried her leg on for the first time today. She isn't quite ready, but SOON! :)  She and Erika watched a VERY OLD version of "Little Women".... I still think the best one ever done was the one from the 1990's with Susan Sarandon. 

And today I cleaned out my personal drawers! This has been a much needed thing to do for a very long time!  AND.... it didn't take that long.  I was able to donate some things to "Goodwill". 

We received a very precious letter today from our dear friend Chris Jacobsen who is no longer about to travel to bible study.  That was the highlight of my day. :)

Tonight, Erika and Daddy have a special night out.... I think the others will work on snow flakes.

I have been given a book recommendation for reading that is now on my list.
My friend said it is a MUST READ....
"Creature of the Word" the Jesus Centered Church.... by Matt Chandler.
More Snow Flakes:




If you would like to join in and send Snow Flakes to Sandy Hook Elementary School, send them here:
Here is a LINK to the details.


Carthage Flower Shop
107 N Saint Mary St
, Carthage, Texas 75633





1 comment:

Manfred said...

Has Alli Paint the Picture? She is Very good.. I am talentfree in This.
Wish you a nice Weekend and Merry Christmas.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin