His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Day After...

We are toasty inside and it is FREEZING COLD outside!  I went and took care of chickens this a.m. and collected a few eggs that were missed yesterday.  They were frozen!

We had to break through the water for the chickens and goats.  All of the goats were toasty warm laying, in the straw inside of their shelter. 

Today the sun is shining. The reflection of the snow and ice makes it very bright outside!
The girls received a CD/Cassette player for each of the two bedrooms.  This a.m. I heard Anna and Erika happily cleaning and decorating in their room listening to Anna's newest C.D.  :)
Looking forward to the day Sarah and Alli do that without being told. LOL

All those weeks of pecan cracking payed off. We still have pecans to eat and bake with. :)
There are still more falling from the trees!

I'll be making Split Pea Soup for lunch.  It seems like a nice thick soup is what is needed on a cold winter day!

I did really well staying on my diet, with regards to nightshades and gluten and caffiene.  But I did make this wonderful  Raspberry Soup from Sally's blog.  I had a small bowl of it, and a few small pieces of home made fudge.  

Tomorrow, back to no sugar again.  I really enjoyed having a treat, but don't feel like I "need" the treat to be satisfied.  The stuffed mushrooms were my favorite, and there is no sugar in those.

I asked the girls what their favorite gift was:
Erika said the CD player.  Anna: Camouflage PJ's and ski pylon. Sarah- Clue game. Alli- Roller Blades.
Mike gave the Ski Pylon to all of us because it will raise the ski rope out of the water and way above the boat. It has been a problem with the rope dragging in the water. 
That means everybody is looking forwards to summer. :)

My favorite gift, was the gift of Love.

1 comment:

Hevel Cohen said...

OK, I admit, I wasn't paying attention, but when did the girls move to two different bedrooms?

Sounds like a lovely Christmas was had by all. Sorry about hijacking your FB post about the soup!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin