His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Such A Sweet Talk

I had such a sweet talk with My Anna. 
For those who have followed this blog the last 5 years.... I have mentioned numerous times how difficult Christmas is for Miss Anna.
She was moved more than two times at Christmas time.  Of course, the most memorable time was the time she came home to us! She was so worried that Santa wouldn't know where she lived!
Of course, that was NOT the time to say, "There is No Santa"..... :)  We let her go and visit Santa and tell him her new address.
Tonight, we had a PREPARATORY talk about what to expect the next few days.
She is doing WONDERFUL!  We talked about the past and some of the reasons Christmas might be hard for her. 
She said, "Mama You know me too well!" :)

We snuggled and talked about the future.
One thing she said was that she did not realize how many times she had been moved at Christmas. Now that she is older, we can discuss these things! I LOVE the teenage years!

So, as we talked and snuggled, we discussed ways to keep ourselves  comfortable, including alone time, and visiting time. 
I LOVE my Anna! She is a wonderful girl!
As we were talking about that feeling of being moved, I reassured her once again, as I have done for 9 years, "You Ain't Going ANYWHERE!" 
And we snuggled some more. :)
I think THIS CHRISTMAS is going to be her BEST CHRISTMAS EVER! :)

4 comments:

Alysa said...

I am so glad you are able to help your children in the way that you do (did that make sense??)... I have a question. Do all of your children still have fears of being sent away? I am just curious if this is something they heal from, or if it is always in the back of their minds.

Christie Minich said...

Alyssa,
That is a VERY good question!
We have 2 that have that in the back of their minds, and two who don't. IT has NOTHING to do with how long they have been home, but more according to personality. :)

walter de souza said...

sou do brasil e achei muito interessante o que você escreve!!

Manfred said...

I Wish you and your Family A Merry Christmas.Specially to Anna. I Hope that she later will have good Memories about Christmas.

Greetings from Gremany.
Manfred

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin