His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Sense of Happiness and Joy

There is this excited sense of Joy around here lately, and I am thoroughly enjoying it!  We have been listening to Christmas music, having fun decorating and watching Christmas movies.

The girls are winding down the school semester  and getting ready for Christmas and New Year's Break. 
We are all looking forward to holiday baking, shopping, playing, helping daddy in the shoppe, worshiping our Savior, celebrating His birth,  and many other things involving friends and family. :)

Of course Alli and Sarah have been working extra hard to find play time, and they have incorporated it into chores.
Cleaning the chicken coop was a time for dress up and bringing in eggs was a time for bartering. :)
Alli dressed up in a costume and found a scarf.  I told her she looked Authentically Russian!
And then she had some canned Herring to prove it. :)

1 comment:

Hevel Cohen said...

mmm, canned herrings!

My sweet Russian-Ukrainian boy decided that I needed some dried, salted brass to settle my stomach. Good thing he also got me a big can of sweetened condensed milk. :D

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin