His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Food Difficulties

Today we had a pot luck at church.  The theme was "Mexican".... one of my FAVORITES! But I could not partake in most of what was served.  
Thankfully somebody brought raw carrots!  I had several of those!  I made tortilla chips, that are guaranteed gluten free/night shade free, and I had 4 of them, as I'm also not supposed to be having anything fried. UGH.....
My friend Laurie's daughter made gluten free (guaranteed) guacamole, and she shared some with me. :)
I was so thankful.  As I walked through the line though, I was happy inside that I am not having pain. It was really just NOT hard to not have the tamale, spanish rice, enchilada or Spanish rice.  When we came home, I had the rest of my sauteed saurkraut from last night, and a little tuna. :)

So thankful that I am doing well.  I woke with some pain this a.m., but I really think it was from working so hard yesterday at our rent house making screens.  That was hard on my wrists and knees and back, because I was getting up and down off of the ground, and pressing that cord thingy into the screen to make the material stay.

I panicked a little this a.m. when I woke up hurting. It was no way near what I have been used to in the past.... and it was gone by afternoon! YEA!

I sat down next to another friend at the potluck. Her name is Bonnie. I noticed she brought her own food.  She has many food allergies, and right now is on a liquid diet.   We had a great time talking while eating what we COULD eat. :)

I thank the Lord that I have found an answer to MOST of my pain.  It makes it easier to handle the diet.... and Miss Bonnie was very encouraging. "It is WAY better to be out of pain than to eat night shades!"  She is RIGHT!

4 comments:

louisianaborn said...

I love your blog! I just discovered it last night. But, I would like to go back to the beginning with each of your daughters and read her story. I don't see a way to do that without slowly clicking Older posts. That would take a very long time. Any suggestions?
Thanks! Your daughters are beautiful!
Tharen

Mike and Christie said...

I know, it is long! :) So glad you are enjoying the blog.
One way is to click on specific labels. (they are down on the left hand side of the blog. If you click on each girl's name, it will give you all the posts with them in it.

Another way would be to go to the search engine and type in specific things. (this doesn't always work) I'm looking for a better search engine.

Our very first posts if you check by year and date, are letters to our family when we were in Ukraine adopting Erika.

Alysa said...

If you are interested in some gluten free (they are also vegan) recipes... I have a fantastic nutritionist blogger that I follow.

KimberlySnyder.net

Annie said...

I don't understand the "nightshade" thing - but am awfully glad I don't need to! I do love Mexican food.

We need to be more grateful for things.... I don't have to worry about what I eat (apart from amount!) and that's a true blessing.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin