His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, October 1, 2012

It's That Time of Year Again!

Pecan Season!!!!
Let the Pecans Fall... I'll be there to catch them!
We can use a few extra nuts at our house!

5 comments:

Milena said...

Wow! Posts like this make me realize just how far sout you live :-) Pecans are really exotic and cost a fortune here. And you can just pick them!
Is it easy to get the nuts out from the shells? We have a walnut tree, and some years we get plenty of nuts, but it's such hard work to get the shells off. Often the whole nut breaks into powder :-( One year, being the fool I am, I promised the children to make a nut pie from our own nuts, since we had such a plenty of them. But after the shells were off, I had had but a handful of nuts! I had to make the tiniest pie, like a dolls' pie and each of us got but a thin slice. I'll never do it again.

Mike and Christie said...

Milena,
The larger pecans pictured, we can crack easily and can get them out whole if we are careful.

The smaller nuts are a little harder, but not as hard as walnuts.

We are really fortunate to have our pecan trees. We used them for all sorts of holiday baking last year.

Annie said...

Pecans - well, all nuts, are SO expensive! It would be just lovely to be able to harvest them!

Mike and Christie said...

Annie, last year I could not believe the price of Pecans and Walnuts at the store!

:)De said...

All I can say is, "YUM!"

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin