His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Family Funny

Sarah has always reminded me of what Maria Von Trapp from "The Sound of Music"would have been like as a young girl. :) 

Today she announced at breakfast:  "I don't think I will marry. I think I'm going to become a nun...What do you think of that?"
And with that, we all broke into song.... "How do you solve a problem like Maria!"
  LOL....


5 comments:

:)De said...

funny and never a truer song. Smile!

Hevel Cohen said...

There is a great need for deaconesses in most of the Reformed communities.

MariaG said...

LOL ... and you're not Catholic! Where did she get that idea? My name IS Maria and when I used to babysit, one family's kids used to sing that song to me all the time. Our son, who is a few weeks from turning 7 (and does not like girls ... kissing is GROSS, etc.) has many times announce he's becoming a priest so he doesn't have to get married. LOL.
MariaG (Canada)

Mike and Christie said...

Maria,
Probably from "The Sound of Music".... she knows nuns don't marry. :)

MariaG said...

:-)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin