His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Minich Waldorf Salad

I am trying all sorts of new things. I remember having a Waldorf salad a long time ago at a hotel and I really liked it.  This is my attempt to make it for myself and it turned out great! 

                                                            Minich Waldorf Salad
1 stalk of celery diced
1 apple cored and diced (peel on) I used gala.
12 grapes of any kind, (seedless) I used red, for color.
1/3 cup diced white onion
1/2 tsp garlic
1/3 cup diced walnuts
2 TLB non fat plain yogurt
1 TLB  Hellman's (gluten free) Mayonaise
Freshly ground pepper to taste

(options if you are not vegetarian.... 1/3 cup diced chicken,  or 1/4 cup bacon bits)
( also, fresh, drained pineapple would be a wonderful addition)
Mix it all together and refrigerate.  The Longer you refrigerate the more the flavors blend together and it is TASTY! 
This will be on our Thanksgiving Day Table!

I am no longer missing coke or pizza on Friday night. :)


3 comments:

Annie said...

I'm sure this is very good, but I've just never managed to handle fruit and meat in the same dish. Sweet OR savory.

rolise1 said...

Christie- just so you don't ever eat pizza again on a friday night-

Gluten Free white pizza recipes (no tomatoes):

http://atxglutenfree.com/2011/02/whitepizza/

http://atxglutenfree.com/2011/02/the-gluten-free-pizza-fest-day-5-potato-pizza-with-herbs-de-provence/

You will have to make a gluten free crust. Her is one recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Gluten-Free-Pizza-Crust

but you can eat gluten free, nightshade free and have pizza too.

Robin

Privateer3000 said...

Well!
Use Tangerine and Cayenne Pepper for more Taste, i do.
This Salad is created by Wal(l)dorf Astor Founder, german Emigrants. A popular Salad here in Germany.
Greetz
and a nice Advent season!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin