His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, October 22, 2012

PLEASE PRAY FOR MY FRIEND

My Sweet, SWEET friend Nellie, is facing the unfathomable.
Her son, took his own life on Friday Night.   I am so sad for her, for her son Elya, and for her entire family.
Please pray for peace and comfort for her family. She is such a lovely person. :)  I so want to be WITH her.... but it is not possible. She is far away physically, but not in heart.
My dear friend is an awesome mother. There is NOTHING she could have done to change this.
My sweet Nellie. :(    May the Lord bring you peace and comfort!

5 comments:

MariaG said...

So tragic.
It might be a good idea to fix her name throughout your post so as to protect her anonymity (never know who visits your blog that might now make a/the connection)?
MariaG (Canada)

JJ said...

Just read this. We have had 3 suicides in our family. It is never easy, and the younger they are, the harder it is to move forward.

My heart goes out to you, Annie! Grieve well. May you come to a place of peace in your own time and be able to sift and to save the happy memories.

And to those who know someone who lost a child through any tragedy, remember this... The kindest thing you can do is to talk about the loved one that dies. Yes, the family longs to hear their names and to feel that they have not been forgotten.

Mike and Christie said...

Thanks Maria, I'll do that right now. :)

MariaG said...

Christie ... perhaps you want to post this link:

http://mamaporuski.wordpress.com/2012/10/23/grieving/#comment-1150

'Just a thought.
MariaG (Canada)

Mike and Christie said...

I just asked permission to link to her entire post, and then I'll post it here and on facebook.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin