His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sauteed Sauerkraut

I know many folks do NOT like sauerkraut. I didn't, because all I knew of it was that it was canned and tasteless.  What a terrible knock to real sauerkraut!

Since then, I have discovered REAL sauerkraut that is made well and NOT from a can!  Fresh sauerkraut isn't so tart it makes your mouth pucker.  Saute' it, and it is even better!

So here is my Saute'd Sauerkraut Recipe.

                                                             Sauteed Sauerkraut

1 cup of sauerkraut  preferably fresh not canned
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 tsp dill weed
1 tsp fresh garlic minced
1/3 cup diced onion
fresh ground pepper to taste (black or white)
1 tsp unsalted butter or 1 tsp coconut oil

melt butter or heat coconut oil on hot skillet
add all ingredients and stir until sauerkraut gets a little wilted
(3-5 minutes) and flavors blend.

optional- top with a tsp of fresh bacon bits, or add 1/2 a diced apple

2 comments:

Hevel Cohen said...

The real good sauerkraut comes from the market, from big barels, sold by Schwabisch Tantes...

Hevel Cohen said...

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4124/5022869135_7899c184df_z.jpg Nyam.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin