His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Zoo Trip 2011

Yep, we went to the zoo again! Today we brought 2 guests; Jana and Marion.  We had a blast. It was everybody else's idea in the Dallas area to go to the zoo too! I guess the 76 degree weather, with sunny skys made the decision!
Today, our high light was watching a VERY large snake eat a VERY LARGE Rabbit! It took about 3o minutes from beginning to end.   Wow! That was an amazing thing to watch.  I am really thankful that we have such a nice zoo.  The Dallas zoo has improved so much over the years.

Their new Wilds of Africa Exhibit is so cool! Today the giraffes were so fun to see. We even got to feed them! Jana let out an EWWWWEEEEE!!!! when one of them licked her shirt. LOL
That is me feeding a giraffe. They really are gentle creatures.
This picture isn't that clear, but this is a VERY large Python eating a rabbit!
It was really cool to watch. Unfortunately, I THOUGHT I had my video going
but I didn't. It was all blank.   However, being so close to something so large
eating that rabbit was amazing.   The last 2 trips to the zoo have been great when looking at snakes.
In over 20 years, we have only seen them move the last 2 times we were there, and this time both large Pythons were feeding.  WOW!

2 comments:

Hevel said...

I love giraffes! They are so funny and friendly most of the time.

The cute fellow is really cute. I love frogs, by the way. :D Good job, Anna, taking that photo!

Radiance and Whimz said...

I agree I love giraffes too! God is good isn't he? I love the beauty he creates for us to enjoy:) I try to blog about that as well so check my blog out if you have a chance some time: www.theradiantworldofwhimz.blogspot.com
THanks:)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin