His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

God's Provision


Many years ago, our son Marcus prayed for a piano so he could learn to play.  The next day, we got a call from Mike's dad who had no idea that his grandson was praying for a piano. He lived in another state.  He called and said, "Hey, do you want a piano? This piano has been sitting here for years, and I'll drive it down and deliver it right to you!"  WOW! What an answer to prayer!  Marcus DID learn to play that piano beautifully, and it went away with him when he married. It was his own personal answer to a very sweet prayer.

Then came the girls...... Now that they are a little older, interests are changing, and music has been on everybody's mind. They have a guitar, and I even bought a violin for ME, to see if I could relearn some old bad habits. LOL  (it was a great buy on Ebay)

Last night, Mike and I were talking about wishing we had a piano once again, even a little practice piano so the girls could learn, and we could have music in the house once again that didn't squeak! (my violin playing can make one cry)
We both looked at each other and said, "God will provide, if He wants us to have one!"  We didn't even have a chance to pray about it!

Today, one of our customers drove up and knocked on the door.  In the back of his truck was a practice piano, with bench and music!  I couldn't believe it!  He just said, "We want you to have this!" LOL

It is amazing how the Lord works in our lives and helps our faith to grow. :)
So, here it is!

I can't wait to hear Bach's Invention 8 once again!

3 comments:

Melissa E. said...

Wow!

:)De said...

Wow!! God was busy today. The kids ran our of cereal Monday morning so I had planned to pick some up Tuesday while out running errands, but a kid's therapy got cancelled so I did not go out so they had cooked rice again for breakfast today. We had also run out of bread. Today I was going to have to run out, but it was icy and I was dreading getting out so I decided to wait until late afternoon. Just as I was getting ready to load kids in the van, someone called and said they had something for me and would be over in 20 mins. So we waited. A man showed up with 6 banana boxes of food: 5 kinds of cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, 7 loaves of bread, frozen chicken, a 9 lb rib roast, onions, cucs, loads of can goods, 2 dozen oranges and other snacks! God just showed up at my door and said, "I got you!"

Enjoy your piano!

Peace

Mike and Christie said...

DOUBLE WOW! That is so awesome!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin