His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, January 10, 2011

Three Steps Forward Two Steps Back Three Steps Forward

On Saturday, we had a bit of a bummer of a day..... I posted about it here.  We all had a good night's sleep, and in the morning, everything was new. EVERYTHING.... attitudes were better, back to normal and actually improved!  Yea!

So we had wonderful day enjoying the Lord, enjoying each other and even had a pot luck.  That was really special since we missed the one on Saturday.   I went ahead and brought roasted beets and the girls were thrilled.

We all settled in last night and enjoyed a documentary on Cougars, and daddy went to the Nursing home to do a bible study with the ladies.  I got the girls off to bed and just enjoyed  some more quiet time. :)

Then, in the morning, I began thinking about the book I read..... "Three Little Words"..... one of the things the little girl wrote about was how, no matter how hard things had been the night before, every morning was a new day, and a fresh start.

That is EXACTLY how I feel each morning, even if the day before has not been the best. I want to present to the girls that God's mercies are new every morning, and every morning is the beginning of a new and wonderful day.
When Anna woke up,  we talked a little about school and a few changes I was going to make to help them improve in a few areas. That is my job...... I let her know ahead of time because she really does not like change.  I showed her carefully how her day would work, and that the new thing we were adding would not take up any more time, we are just cutting back a little on something else.

She looked at me and sincerely asked, "Have you noticed how hard I'm trying?"  I said, I SURE HAVE! And she had a big grin and gave me the most genuine hug.  She said, "Mom I love you!"
I told her the same..... and then I sat back and thought, wow! We have REALLY moved forward!
LOL

Typically news of a change would not have gone over so well at all...... she would have complied but it would have been more reluctant, and then after a couple of days she might admit she actually liked it..... but today was a NEW ANNA....  good for her!
Love that kid. :)

Erika and Sarah asked some good questions about what would be expected with the new assignments and they were ALL very happy that Laura Ingalls Wilder used some of the very same books they are using. :)

So, we are off to a great start of a great 2nd semester.......and no, we didn't take a snow day. :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin