His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Girlies and Compassion



Tonight, Sarah and I watched this video about a dog who is wearing a prosthetic paw.  Sarah's response was, "Oh, poor dog, what happened to him?"  "Oh poor thing!"

I have seen Erika at the hospital when we are there for a visit do the same thing.  "Oh poor child!"
One time, she was sitting there with NO FEET recooperating from surgery and saw a little child with CP walking with a limp and was full of sympathy.

It is really sweet that neither of them think this about themselves. They don't think to themselves, "poor me"; in fact, they work hard to overcome their differences and do what everybody else does.... so it is humorous to me when I see their reactions to something like this.

2 comments:

:)De said...

I am sure the fact that they are surrounded daily with the love and compassion of Christ through you and daddy has just a bit to do with it ~Smile~

Peace!

Hevel said...

Someone is showing them a great example.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin