His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Still on FRUA Withdrawl and Other Thoughts


I can't believe I'm posting this, but I was missing FRUA today. :) I am going to stay the course and wait until I can get my projects finished. I talked to Mike and he agrees that is a good idea. There are many people on FRUA I have never met, yet I feel close to. I could call them my friend. Aren't computer's wierd? You can talk to somebody and share the most personal details of your life and never have met them.
2 of my Frua Friends live close by and I am thankful for them every day. One doesn't know I'm gone as she is out of town, the other doesn't post much but lives 5 doors down. :)
For those that don't know what FRUA is. It is a WEB site dedicated to Families for Russian and Ukrainian adoption.
There are a LOT of wonderful people who adopt children and are dedicated to making their lives better. They come from all walks of life and all parts of the world.
What a great group.

Many times I work out what is going on in my own mind when I write. Sometimes I have to run to the computer and throw it in with a blast of fingers flying and words appearing, and then there are my first draft thoughts all written out; which is what everything is, a first draft.

I think I have always worked this way. I was never really good about making "planned" entries into a diary, which is one reason I do not have my project done. I have also never been very good about "organizing" my thoughts into neat categories. I am an ADHD poster child.
BUT.... I am really trying.

Life is a first draft. In fact,it is an only draft. :) We only get one shot at it, and we don't get to go back and erase. Our corrections look like eraser marks and red marks all over our papers and those around us remind us of our mistakes and sins.
There is One however, who corrects things for us and it is forever. His red marks wash our lives white as snow,and with HIS eyes, even though we live with the temporal consequences of our sins, He does not see it. He has removed them as far as the East is From the West. He sees something different. He sees our lives through Christ. I am so thankful for that.

(on a side note: I am keeping up with LAUNDRY!) YEA!

6 comments:

Waitingonmyua2 said...

Christie - I'm proud of you. Thank you for being such a good example to me. hugs, B

Christine said...

You are a great example. I am sure oyu will get lots done!

Jim said...

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do...but all your friends at "that place" are keening mightily now that they have found out about your self-imposed exile. No matter, they can just stop crying and come here to chat!

Best to you all!

J

cwink said...

Christiem - you are missed at "the site"!! I was so happy to see your blog link just so that I can let you know that I, too, will miss you there. Always felt a special link with our kiddo's having a similar challenge and felt comforted by your insight. Good luck and check in when you dare!!
lwink5@twcny.rr.com
Casey - aka cwink

Mike and Christie said...

What a great idea Jim! :)

Mike and Christie said...

You guys are really great. Thanks. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin